Buying a ticket
- Hello! I would like to book a flight to Washington D.C.
- What day are you flying on?
- I'm leaving on the 5th April, back on 1st May.
- So, it's a return ticket. Would you like to travel business class or economy class?
- Economy class please. How long is the flight?
- It's a long haul flight - about nine hours.
- Is there a time difference?
- Oh about 6 hours. You may have jetlag. Here's your ticket . The flight leaves from Lyon at 10.30 a.m. You will need to check in one hour before departure.
- That's fine. Thank you very much!
To book a flight = Réserver un vol
A return ticket = Un billet aller-retour
(A round trip)
A long haul flight = Un vol long-courrier
A time difference = Un décalage horaire
Jetlag = Fatigue due au décalage horaire
Check in = Enregistrement des baggages